Altered Art DIY Apron
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Wear your own art in style by creating a custom Altered Art Apron. Use designer tissue paper to create a collage background that looks like you spent much more time stamping and drawing!"
- Canvas Apron by Canvas Corp
- Fabric Elements Designer Tissue Papers
- DecoArt Fluid Acrylics
- DecoArt Matte Medium
- DecoArt Fluid Medium
- Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pens
- stamps and Archival ink *optional
- Fabric Elements Fabric *Optional
- Sewing machine *optional
- thread *optional
Sewing the ruffles is optional. You can also use fabric paints and skip the need to mix Fabric medium into your paints.
Using matte medium, apply tissue paper collage onto apron.
Allow to dry and then add any journaling or stamping to your apron.
Heat set any art journaling or stamping.
Using fluid paints mixed with Fabric medium, paint sections of your apron.
Allow paint to dry completely.
Optional instructions to add bib Ruffle: Trip fabric for your ruffle. For my apron, I used 6.5" wide strips 2.5 times the length of the bib side.
Fold strips in half lengthwise. Sew two short ends together with 1/4" seam and turn right side out.
Sew a long running basting stitch down the long of of fabric, leaving long strings at beginning and end of stitching.
Pull long bobbin thread to create a gather in the strips.
Repeat for second fabric strip.
Pin both ruffled strips with edges under apron bib. Adjust gathers as needed. (I pinned ruffles closer to waist area so that the ruffles were not as wide in that section).
Sew ruffles to bib along inside of bib binding edge. Trim any excess needed.
Wear and enjoy!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The DIY Red Christmas Button Wreath should be added to your Christmas decorating ideas this holiday season because it is a quick,… Continue reading: "DIY Red Christmas Button Wreath"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Prism Baby Lovey
- Giraffe Potholder
- Patriotic Bandana Wreath
- Patriotic Bandana Wreath
- Super Easy And Quick Crochet Doily Placemat
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Nautical Mug Rug
- Isla's Afghan Block - Radiating Moss Stitch Rectangle
- C2c Frog
- Bearded Monkey Amigurumi
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home