World's Easiest Modern Breadbox
Bring an old breadbox back in style with this cool room decor idea. This World's Easiest Modern Breadbox can be upcycled from a much older, out-of-date breadbox. Add a little color to your kitchen with this room decoration idea. Combine antique and modern design to create something entirely new and unique. You will love having this World's Easiest Modern Breadbox in your kitchen. Hiding your breads away in a cool box looks much nicer than leaving them out on the counter.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects free eBook from DecoArt!
Americana® Decor™ Chalky Finish Paint
- Everlasting (ADC01)
- Heritage (ADC09)
- Yesteryear (ADC27)
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Tracing paper
- 1/4" flat brush
- #5 round brush
- 1" flat brush
- 1" blue painter's tape
- Breadbox (flea market find)
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Dust off the breadbox with a damp paper towel. If it seems greasy, wash with warm, soapy water.
- Paint all of the breadbox except the door with the 1" flat brush and Yesteryear.
- Paint the door front with the 1" flat brush and Heritage.
- Measure a 1/2" border around the door front and paint it with the 1/4" flat brush and Everlasting. Also paint the sides of the door.
- Transfer the flowers on the breadbox door with the pattern and tracing paper. Put the flower on three times with varying heights. (Instead of graphite paper, just trace the back of the drawing with a pencil. Then tape it into place with painter's tape and retrace the front. Graphite paper would smudge on the chalk paint.)
- Paint the flower top and stem Everlasting with the 1/4" flat brush.
- Paint the circle with the 1/4" flat brush and Yesteryear.
- Paint the leaves Yesteryear with the #5 round brush.
- Paint the knobs Yesteryear with the 1/4" flat brush.
- Sand the edges lightly to distress.
Read NextHow to Turn a Door into a Desk
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use