Colorful Wooden Jewelry Holder
If you're looking for a jewelry holder tutorial that will fill you with joy, then this project is perfect for you. Gather up your brightest paint colors and dig into your stash of colorful buttons and beads. This Colorful Wooden Jewelry Holder from Candace Jedrwoicz is cute and easy to make.
- Wood plaque
- Wood letters
- Aleene’s Aliphatic Wood Glue
- White acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Picture hanger
- Colored paper
- Aleene’s Super Thick Tacky Glue
- 1/4″ Dowel
- 1/4″ Drill bit
- 1/16″ Drill bit
- Small cup hooks
- Buttons, beads, trinkets, gems, tiles, etc.
- Paint plaque and letters white. Allow to dry.
- Cut colored papers to fit the letters. Glue in place using Tacky Glue. Allow to dry.
- Drill 1/4″ holes on the bottom of the letters and the top of the plaque (where the letters will go).
- Cut the dowel pieces to fit the holes. Put wood glue in the holes and on the dowel pieces. Attach the letters to the plaque. Allow to dry.
- Attach buttons, etc. to the letters and plaque with the Tacky Glue. Allow to dry.
- Drill 1/16″ holes in the plaque where you want the hooks to go. Screw the hooks in the holes.
- Turn the whole thing over onto a folded towel and attach the picture hanger to the back.