6 Painted Wood Easter Eggs
Create a permanent collection of painted Easter eggs with wooden eggs and a regular paper egg crate. The pastel colors in the 6 Painted Wood Easter Eggs are very sweet and eye-catching. Easter egg crafts can help you get in the Easter spirit while creating something meaningful. Be sure to personalize this project so your design is unlike anything else. Once you start decorating for the holiday, you may not be able to stop. Luckily, this is just one of many great ways to celebrate Easter and show off your creative spirit.
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO6 - Pineapple
- DA211 - Wisteria
- DA251 - Melon
- DA253 - Pistachio Mint
- DA255 - Bahama Blue
- DA259 - Cocoa
- DA267 - Poodleskirt Pink
- Glamour Dust - DAS37 - Glamour Dust Crystal
- Americana Spray Sealers - DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- 3/4" flat brush
- 8 shader brush
- 10 shader brush
- Foam plate
- 3/8" wide round foam pouncer brush
- Gift bag filler, yellow shreds
- Egg carton, half dozen size (fiber/cardboard type, not foam)
- Six wooden eggs, chicken size
- Remove any labels from surfaces.
- Use 3/4" flat brush and Cocoa to paint egg carton; let dry.
- Use large shader brush to paint one egg each in: Wisteria; Pistachio Mint; Bahama Blue; Poodleskirt Pink; Melon; and Pineapple.
- Let dry or, for extra sparkle, sprinkle wet paint on some eggs with Glamour Dust. Use shader brushes and assorted colors to add Snow White or pastel wavy stripes or bands in various sizes around some eggs, as desired. Use end of brush handle or pouncer brush to add dots to eggs as desired; let dry.
- Spray eggs and carton with Americana Gloss Spray Sealer and let dry.
- Place paper shreds in carton indentions and place eggs in carton.
Note: If half-dozen size egg carton is not available, a dozen-size carton cut in half can be used.
Read NextChippy Chair Makeover DIY Home Decor
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use