Feathered Wall Canvas
You can create this light, colorful wall art with accent stencils, painter's tape, and acrylic paint.
This project beautifully matches the Fall Napkin and Placemat Set.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO3 - Buttermilk
- DAO57 - Jade Green
- DA218 - Gingerbread
- DA259 - Cocoa
- DS51 - Staining/Antiquing Medium
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS13 - Americana Matte Spray
- Foam brush
- 1" painter's tape
- 1" round foam spouncer brush
- Foam plate
- Accent stencil - SAS0002 Feather by Stencil Ease
- 16" x 20" wrapped canvas
1. Apply basecoat of Buttermilk to top and sides of canvas; allow paint to dry.
2. Refer to photo and use tape to mask off stripe areas on canvas, securing edges well to avoid seepage.
3. For stripe colors, mix glazes of 1 part paint to 3 parts Staining/Antiquing Medium for each remaining acrylic color. Apply each color of glaze to one stripe area on canvas; allow glaze to dry.
4. Referring to photo for color and shape placement, use spouncer brush to stamp paint over stencil opening with same three colors of paint. (Note: Reverse stencil on some feather shapes and clean stencil after each paint application.) Allow to dry.
5. Spray canvas with Americana Matte Spray; allow to dry.