Colorful Mod Cube Ornament
Foam, shapes and curling ribbon can now be turned into a great craft. These colorful mod cubes can be used as an ornament and a home decoration. It's a fun kids' craft as well and can be finished in three easy steps.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Cube, 3"
- Coordinating curling ribbon
- Craft foam, colors of choice: sheets; pre-cut shapes (optional)
- Compass or small circle template (optional)
- Extra-long straight pins (optional)
- Thick, white craft glue
(Note: Closely supervise young children with scissors, or cut pieces for them.)
- Use sharp pencil to trace opposite sides of foam cube onto back of one craft foam sheet; cut out and glue to cube. Repeat for remaining sides, using second craft foam color. Repeat for top and bottom. Trim excess at cube edges. Pin corners to secure; let dry. Remove pins.
- Refer to photo to glue pre-cut or hand-cut geometric shapes such as circles, squares and stripes to cube sides; let dry.
- Use scissors point to poke small hole in one cube corner. Cut 6" length from curling ribbon; knot ends to form hanging loop. Glue knot into hole; let dry. If desired, tie second ribbon length into bow with curled ends; glue to base of hangers.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.