Jewel Covered Unicorn Ornament
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "This is a fun way to easily decorate an acrylic ornament. The benefit of acrylic shapes are that they look pretty from the 'backside' so no matter how it is hanging there is no bad view. Of course you could also embellish over fun foam, cork, or wooden shapes. If you love to recycle & repurpose, consider using the transparent packaging from a bakery or deli container. After a quick wash, the clear plastic is easily cut into simple shapes with household scissors. This is a quick project that can be completed in a few hours. "
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Clear acrylic shape
Dew Drop Gems - (The Robin's Nest)
Metallic Gold, pearl, pink, orange, yellow, green, teal, violet
- Small embellishment placing tool (Embellie Gellie - ScraPerfect)
- Liquid adhesive
Practice laying out the gems to accentuate the design. It may be helpful to trace the shape onto a piece of paper. Then can sketch and color in the design. Next, place the pattern under the acrylic shape so that you use it as a guideline to create the image.
Carefully apply liquid adhesive in small dots to the acrylic shape. Work in small sections of 3-5 dots.
Add the Dew Drops to build the design. Use various sizes & shapes of Dew Drops to best fill the image.
Set it aside to dry thoroughly and then attach a ribbon for hanging.
NotesTIP: Take a few photos so that you can refer to them when it is time to glue the Dew Drops in position. Doing this will prevent disappointment and frustration.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Ginny's Custom Ornaments
- Rose Angel DIY Ornament
- Antique Angel Ornament or Wall Decor
- Initial Homemade Ornaments
- Tree Angel Christmas Ornament
- Recycled Snowflake Ornament
- Classically Simple Pom Pom Ornaments
- Festive Salt Dough Ornaments
- Pine Cone Christmas Caroler Ornament
- Heart Felt Ornaments Tutorial
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Easter Sheep Napkin Rings
- Crochet Tiger Applique
- Dog Hat Crochet Pattern
- Easy Velvety Baby Hat
- Ternion Square
- Easy Peasy Beanie
- Learn to Knit 2.0 with Marly Bird
- Faith Over Fear Free Printable Art
- Elegant Journal Cover
- Easy Diy Lucky Embroidery
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home