Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
Ring in the new year with this Metallic Glittered Star Assortment. Nothing says joy and celebration like stars and glitter, and this project combines them both into one great New Year's Eve decoration! These metallic stars shine with shades of gold and silver and the selection of sizes and styles gives this decoration texture and pizzazz. For a beautiful and striking backdrop, you could even hang these stars from the ceiling so they appear to be floating in air. Ring in the new year with sparkle and shine by decorating with these fun metallic glittered stars!
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam
- Sheet: 1” x 12” x 36”
- Discs: (4) 6”
- FloraCraft® Diamond Dust® or Glass Glitter
- Spray Paint: Rose Gold, Silver, Copper and Bright Gold
- (4) Wooden Dowels
- Straight Pins
- FloraCraft® StyroCutter® Plus
- Make It: Fun® Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
- Wire Cutters
Check out this project and other great DIY Christmas crafts in our free eBook 20 Easy DIY Holiday Projects!
- Print star templates on cardstock and cut out. Pin templates to the foam sheets. Follow the template to cut the stars from the foam sheet using the serrated knife. Following the package instructions, carefully use the StyroCutter® Plus to cut the smaller stars from the centers. Be sure to keep the blade of the cutter at a 90 degree angle to the foam. Keep a steady pace and do not force the blade through the foam.
- Brush the stars with a generous amount of decoupage. While the stars are still wet, apply a thick coat of glitter. Prop up on toothpicks to dry.
- Spray paint the glittered stars in the colors of your choice. Let dry.
- Cut various lengths of dowels to create stands for some of the stars. Spray paint the dowels a coordinating color and let dry. Glue one end of the dowels into the bottom of the stars and the other end into the discs. Conceal the discs with artificial snow and pine branches in your display.