Felt Flower Needlecase
This cute felt needlecase makes a great gift for an experienced stitcher or sewer, or someone just learning how to sew. Embroidered french knots at the center of the flower are an extra special touch.
- Green felt
- Kreinik Silk Roving- white
- Wool roving- Purple
- Kreinik Metallic #12 Braid in your choice of colors (we used color 3533 Purple Mambo)
- Tools: felting needles, pad, scissors, tapestry needle
- Cut a rectangle of green felt to be your base. Fold in half to find the "cover" of your threadfold. Also cut out a flower shape with four petals from your green felt.
- Begin laying out your design on your base felt, starting with the silk in a square. Create "stripes" with your wool. Lay your base felt (open) on your needlefelting mat and begin felting. Move strands of the fibers as needed to create the design you want.
- When your stripes and silk outline are well secured, add your green felt flower shape and a circle of silk for the center of your flower. Continue felting until all pieces are secured.
- Embellish your felted design with metallic braid. Stitch around the outside of your design and outline the purple stripes. Then add a few french knots to the center of your flower.
Read NextWhimsical Fairy Nymph