Quilter's Bib Necklace Pattern
Visit Tresa at Reese Dixon.
Get creative with your jewelry making when you follow this Quilter's Bib Necklace Pattern. This project is named after quilters because it uses fabric charms in addition to beads. The layered look of this necklace is even more outstanding when you incorporate decoupage beads. You'll have to break out your sewing machine to make this vintage fabric bib necklace, but this project goes quickly. Plus, if you don't mind mixing colors and patterns, this bib necklace DIY is also a great way to clean out your scrap stash.
You can find this project, as well as many other fabulous blogger projects, in our new eBook, The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More free eBook. Download your own free copy today!
- Coats & Clark Phoomph fabric interfacing
- Simplicity Quilt Template
- Mod Podge
- Plaid Podgeable Shapes
- Plaid Podgeable Papers
- Jump rings
- Sewing machine
- Hole punch
- Eyelet setter
- Paint brush
- Using the Simplicity template, cut out two pieces of fabric and two pieces of interfacing.
- Sew 2 triangle fabric pieces, right sides together, leaving a 1" opening for turning. Turn right side out.
- Stick the 2 triangle interface pieces together and insert into the fabric triangle. Fold raw edges over and glue shut.
- Punch a hole in the top of the triangle and insert an eyelet into it. Set the eyelet.
- Repeat steps 1 - 4 until you have as many triangle pieces as you'd like.
- Mod podge three clear mod podge shapes with paper. Spread Mod Podge on the back of the shape and the front of the paper, then press them together. Add more Mod Podge to the back of the paper to seal it. Let dry.
- Cut two pieces of chain, one slightly longer than the other. On the shorter chain, attach triangle pieces using jump rings.
- Cut longer piece of chain in half again. Use jump rings to connect four charms together, and then to each side of the chain. Attach the Mod Podge pendants to the jump rings with another jump ring.
- Attach the 2 chains to clasp.