DIY Wood Slice Necklace
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create a cool necklace with something you can find in your yard with the DIY Wood Slice Necklace. You can make a DIY statement necklace in an hour with this necklace tutorial that shows you how to make jewelry from stick pieces and a chain. If you're nervous to do a DIY wood project like this one, don't be, because it won't take very long and it's difficult to mess up. If you do mess up, you have more supplies sitting in your backyard.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- Twig or small branch
- Dremel with saw attachment
- Backing for necklace (felt, fabric, etc.)
- Clear coat spray
- Wet adhesive
Bake branches in the oven on lowest setting for about an hour to kill off any bugs.
Cut branches in 1/4" segments with Dremel. If you get any burn marks you can sand them off.
Adhere wood segments to a backing for the necklace (felt, fabric, etc.) with wet adhesive.
Once dry, apply clear coat spray to seal wood.
Add chain to each end to create the necklace.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Give your crochet patterns a decadent look with this Cathedral Window Granny Square. This free crochet pattern makes a granny square… Continue reading: "Cathedral Window Granny Square"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Desserts Word Scramble
- Dinosaur Felt Bag
- Diy Dinosaur Sweatshirt Sewing Tutorial
- C2c Sloth
- Cool Waves Wall-hanging
- Easy Chef Apron From Turkish Towel
- Printable Desserts Word Search
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Sew A Throw Pillow
- Flower Parade
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home