Crocheted Doily DIY Necklace
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This bright and colorful free crochet pattern will cheer you up. You will need four different colors of sport yarn, hooks, jump rings, as well as a metal chain and lobster clip, to make these half-doily necklaces."
Crochet Hook5 or 1.9 mm hook (steel)
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
- Scraps of thread / yarn
- Metal chain
- Jump rings
- Lobster clip
Choose your assorted colors for the project and with (preferably) white.
Chain 3, join to make ring and sc 4 in ring.
(Half) Round 1: Insert new color and sc 4. Ch4 and turn work.
Round 2: Make a 4dc puff st in the 1st st. Ch 2 and make the 4-dc puff in the next st. Repeat this twice. Ch1 and make 1 dc in the last st to end the round. (In that last st. you will make both the puff and the finishing dc. Work tails as you progress, so you'd have less work later. )
Round 3: Turn work with face up and insert new color. Ch4 and make a 4dc puff in the 1st st. Ch3 and make the puff in the next st. Ch 3 and in the 3rd ch space make a puff, ch3, make another puff. Ch 3, make a puff in next sp, repeat once more and to end ch1 and make 1 dc in the last space.
Round 4: Insert new color and repeat round 3.
Round 5: Ch3 and turn work. Sc in the 1st space. Ch 4 and sc in next sp. Repeat this to one before last where you ch 3 and sc to end the round.
Round 6: (optional) ch 3and sc in 1st chain. Next, make a 3-ch picot ch 2 and sc in the next ch. Repeat this to nearly the end where you will ch 3 and sc to end it. You can make round 6 or skip it - it looks nice both with the picots and without them.
Add jump rings at the sides, attach the metal chain with the lobster clip and you are ready to go.
If you love the look of the picot stitch, check out this tutorial for the Picot Edge Knit Dishcloth Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make your own chandelier for only a few bucks using this tutorial from Heather Mann! The Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier looks like… Continue reading: "Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier"
- Geometric Gemstone and Pearl Knot Necklace
- Royal Purple T-Shirt Yarn Necklace
- Chunky Wooden Bauble Necklace
- Easy Tee Shirt Necklace Tutorial
- Dangling Tubes Silver Necklace
- Noire Free Necklace Pattern
- Stevie Nicks DIY Necklace
- No Clasp Pearl Necklace Tutorial
- Beaded Yarn DIY Necklace
- Glue and Glitter Necklace
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Super Simple Shiny Ornament
- Gnome Towel Topper
- DIY Stocking Garland
- DIY Christmas Tree Garland
- Snow Covered Winter Wreath
- Poudreuse Wrap
- Fireside Mittens
- Crochet Mince Pie Christmas Hanger
- Pretty In Gingham Stocking
- DIY Toilet Paper Roll Turkey
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home