Aquamarine Satin Silver Necklace
What makes this necklace cool? You're in charge of how substantial it looks. Here, we're gluing 13 strands together to create a contemporary look. Add more strands if you want to make a really bold statement. The satin silver wire is subtle but plays a major part in this design.
- 13 strands, 22 in. long - Beadalon 19 Strand satin silver .015 in.
- 16 - Toho 11/0 white seed beads
- 60 - Toho 11/0 blue-green treasure seed beads
- 4 - Toho 6/0 light green transparent rainbow seed beads
- 3 - 7mm dichroic glass beads, teal rainbow small spacer
- 2- 7.3mm dichroic glass beads, teal rainbow short tube
- 5 - head pins
- 3 - silver plated dog bone spacer beads
- 2 - heavy tube cord ends
- 2 - 4.0mm silver plated jump rings
- 1 set - silver plated duet clasp, diamond shape
- 1 ft. - ColourCraft wire, silver
- BeadFix adhesive
- Designer round nose pliers
- Designer Ergo cutter
- Begin by cutting Beadalon 19 strand satin silver wire into 22 in. lengths. String white seed beads onto two of the 22 in. strands. After stringing each bead, circle the seed bead with the wire and go back through the bead. Continue, spacing the beads at approximately 2 in. (5 cm) intervals.
- After stringing 2 strands with the 16 white beads, begin doing the same with the larger 6/0 beads on 4 strands. Vary the spacing slightly on each strand to give more bead coverage. After completing the larger beads, begin stringing the remaining 9 strands with the treasure beads. Use more or fewer beads to suit your personal taste.
- Align all strands on one end and apply BeadFix to the inside of one of the heavy tube cord ends. Insert all 13 strands, allow time for the glue to set.
- Carefully align the other end. Use flush cutters to trim ends to fit into the remaining tube cord end. Apply BeadFix inside the cord end and insert strands. Set aside for 24 hours to allow the adhesive to cure properly.
- Make the drops:
Use the 3 spacer beads with 3 6/0 seed beads and the 3 dog bone beads. Insert head pin into 6/0 seed bead then into small spacer dichroic bead then into dog bone bead. Form a loop using round nose pliers and cut the excess wire. Put the first loop onto one of the strands at the center. Make two more drops in this fashion. Attach these at an equal distance from the center drop. Then use one each of the 6/0 seed beads and the tube dichroic bead to make two more drops. Form loops on these and add these in between the other drops.
- Attach duet clasp with medium round jump rings.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Necklaces"
There are no records