Bead Bowl for Mom
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Honor the Day of Mom with a very easy, very thrifty, very pretty DIY melted bead bowl. It's also very science experiment-y if you want to get the kids involved."
Making Mother’s Day crafts is a creative way to show mom you care. Some of these crafty cuties, however, are only cute for so long. While we like to think mom keeps everything we create her, adding clutter to her life isn’t exactly the goal. This is why decorative yet functional ideas are essential for creating the perfect DIY Mother’s Day gift. This Bead Bowl for Mom shows you how to melt your bead stash to make a lovely, faux glass bowl that mom can use to hold trinkets, jewelry, or mail.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
- Craft beads
- Oven proof bowl
- Cooking spray
Spray an oven proof bowl with cooking spray.
Place beads inside bowl, pushing to bottom and sides. The cooking spray makes them stick.
Place bowl in a pre-heated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. If beads aren't completely melted, continue cooking and checking on it every few minutes.
Let bowl cool completely.
Twist bead bowl out of oven proof bowl. The cooking spray makes it greasy so clean with a wet paper towel.
Use as a catch all, or turn it into a cute gift basket full of stuff for mom.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"This crocheted tote is a perfect size to stash towels, magazine, lunch or whatever you want to fill it with. The tighter stitch… Continue reading: "Aligned Cobble Stitch Anytime Tote Crochet Pattern"
- Denim Flower Brooch
- Upcycled Tea Box for Mom with Video Tutorial
- Odds and Ends Kitchen Fairy
- 101+ Mother's Day Crafts for Adults
- Mother's Day Embroidered Lavender Sachets
- Denim Card for Mom Video
- "Mother's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010" eBook
- Picture Card in Can
- 9 Mother's Day Gifts from Daughter
- Funky Fresh CD Holder
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dinosaur Nightlight
- Two-colored Heart Crochet Pattern
- Hank Crochet Doll
- Twirling Ghosts
- Halloween Ribbon Wreath
- Fox Pumpkin
- Wrap Me In Sunshine Shawl
- Rock Painting Flowers For Kids
- Blueberries And Cream
- Baby Changing Mat Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home