Spiritual Adventure Mixed Media Collage
If you're burnt or feeling down, you can't go wrong with an invigorating mixed media art project. Create your own Spiritual Adventure Mixed Media Collage by Candace Jedrowicz and capture an important and meaningful lesson - we are all related.
- Aleene’s Tacky Dot Tape or Singles
- Assorted decorative papers
- Coordinating card stock
- Clear or frosted sheet of shrink plastic
- Foam dots
- We Are All Related Pattern by Candace Jedrowicz
- Print out the pattern in the desired size.When I made mine, I put a sheet of shrink plastic over a photo of my original tile piece – you’ll use your printed pattern. Trace the whole pattern and cut out.
- Trace just the pieces that will be raise – legs, heads and hands.
- Trace all pieces on decorative paper and cut out. I used a pretty tissue box.Go around the edges of the paper pieces with black felt pen.
- Create your background in your frame. I used several different papers to create a mountain landscape, but you could do anything at all that would add personal meaning for you.Add any framing elements you want. I used eyelash yarn and a string of beads that I set in place but didn’t glue until the end.
- Use Tacky Dots to attach foam dots in enough places to support and raise your figures off the background.Add more Tacky Dots to the foam dots to assure firm attachment.Decide before hand where your figures will go, because you won’t be able to reposition once it’s down.
- Add the raised pieces with foam and Tacky Dots.
- Finish gluing any loose accents in place.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out Mixed Media Canvas.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.