Retro Muffin Tin Frame
Visit Michele at Thoughts of a Cardmaking Scrapbooker.
This frame looks like something your grandma would have appreciated. If you like the look of retro craft ideas, then you'll have so much fun making your own Retro Muffin Tin Frame. You can even use an old, rusted muffin tin. You can use glitter, paper and even paint to bring your piece to life. Be sure to add plenty of details to your frame so it really stands out from a sea of boring decorative items.
You can find this project, as well as many other fabulous blogger projects, in our new eBook, The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More free eBook. Download your own free copy today!
- Muffin tin
- Krylon Spray Paint - cream
- Personal photos
- Spellbinders circle dies
- Dymo Label Maker
- Cricut Rosettes
- Martha Stewart glitter
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Silver paint
- Sparkle Tape
- Kraft tags
- Silk Posies
- Embossing folder
- Circle punches, flower punch
- Dimensional Foam circles
- Aleene's Tacky Glue
- Spray paint muffin tin in cream. Use Darice stencil and silver paint to stencil branches/leaves on muffin tin.
- Cover muffin tin with Modge Podge in matte and sprinkle with Martha Stewart glitter.
- Cut 12 photos into circles using Spellbinder die. Cut circles using eBosser. Make rosettes using Cricut's rosette kit. Emboss kraft tags (by David Tutera) and embossing folder by Darice. Ink edges with white ink. Stack rosettes on embossed tags.
- Using various circle punches, punch circles into Darice's sparkle gold tape. Use Modge Podge's glossy accents on each circle to create a "faux" epoxy dot. Do the same with a few punched stars to use as accents. Once dry adhere to various pictures and the tin.
- Stack 3 dimensional foam circles 3 times in each muffin tin circle. Adhere rosette/pictures inside.
- Use bias tape to create a hanger for the tin. Thread through circles. Tie various ribbons to the top right side. Adhere a button to the grey silk flower from Simplicity. Adhere to the center of ribbons.
- use 3 rosettes for outside of muffin tin. Add posies and personal information using a Dymo Label Maker.
Read NextMother's Love Wooden Wall Art