Mixed Media Birdiary Art
Want to create a fantastic decorative piece? Try your hand at mixed media techniques and create a unique art project. Mixed Media Birdiary Art uses a variety of inventive elements, from buttons to a candle stick. Let your creativity run wild.
- Clear Pale
- Clearsnap Fluid Chalk Ink – French Blue, Re-inker Ice jade
- Smooch Spritz – Vanilla Shimmer, Electric Blue, Sea Kiss
- Smooch –Ocean Soul, Sundance, Gold Lame`
- Glitter – Honey Glow, Ocean Spray, Peridot
- Glue Gloss
- Sparkle Fiber – Misty Green
- Crafters Workshop Stencil
- Pallet knife
- White , Yellow Cardstock
- Flower Die Cut
- Candle Stick
- Random Ephemera
- Foam Cube
- Terra Cotta pot
- Jute Cording
- Liquid Adhesive & Glue Dots, clear tape
- Mix spackle and re-inker to create colored spackle. Tape stencil to container. Spread tinted spackle over stencil. Remove the stencil and let dry.
- Cut cardstock to fit inside container. Apply French Blue randomly on paper. Spray Electric Blue and Sea Kiss on both sides of paper. Let dry and adhere to interior of container.
- Glue in random pieces of ephemera including wood pieces, letters and bottles and add jute, moss and string for the bird nest.
- Form three eggs out of clay. Coat eggs with Glue Gloss and coat with glitter. Place in nest.
- Adhere bird to nest and adhere letters on exterior of container.
- Place foam cube in flower pot and adhere with glue. Coat with Glue Gloss and coat with Sparkle Fiber and allow fiber to dry. Tap to remove excess.
- Die cut several dozen flowers. Coat with Sundance and Gold Lame`. Allow ink to dry. Layer several flowers together and punch hole in center. Place wire through center and place in the lower pot. Adhere the flower pot on lid.
- Coat depression in lid with Glue Gloss. Place buttons in glue then coat with Sparkle Fiber. Allow glue to dry and tap off excess. On lid, adhere buttons and sprinkle on Sparkle Fiber. Tap off excess when dry.