Autumn Mixed Media Canvas
Create your own fall decorations this season. An Autumn Mixed Media Canvas from Linda Peterson is an artistic way to express yourself. Use a variety of crafty materials to create a piece that really represents your point of view.
- Canvas 12 x 24
- Music sheet
- Handwriting sheet
- Collage medium
- Sponge brushes
- Paint in colors of choice – we used a brick red, turquoise, burnt umber, sand, white and black, sunflower yellow
- Distress inks in greens and browns
- Words or phrase of choice
- Bottle caps – anything to create a circle texture – optional
- Foam stamps –optional
- Charcoal pencil
- Cut out strips of newsprint and decoupage onto canvas. Allow to dry.
- Apply a light wash of white paint randomly over surface.
- Apply desired paint color to bubble wrap or plastic wrap and stamp onto surface to begin the layered textural effect. Repeat until you have a pleasing background. Allow to dry.
- Cut out sunflower and pot pattern from handwriting and music papers and decoupage to background.
- Paint over sunflower with yellow – leaving some of the writing to show through.
- Paint pot using the same technique.
- Outline with charcoal pencil to give added depth.
- Finish by applying any additional textural effects or phrases as desired. Apply finish coat of decoupage medium over surface and allow to dry completely.
For a comprehensive video tutorial, check out How to Make a Sunflower Collage Mixed Media Canvas.
Read NextCupcake Keepsake