3 D Card with Filmstrip Ribbon
Create a beautiful card with Ranger inks and 3-D elements including filmstrip ribbon, hinge clip and a bottle cap. Use this dimensional card designed by Lisa Fulmer as a decorating accent for a mantel or shelf.
- Dark colored cardstock
- Watermark resist inkpad and a circular stamp
- Clear UTEE and a heat gun
- Plain grungeboard, a square stamp and an inkpad (I used purple ink)
- Spray wash paint (I used Day-Glo Red by Stencil 1)
- Distress Crackle paint - Clear rock candy
- Selection of alcohol inks (I used the Brights line)
- Bottle cap with a circle die-cut image
- Filmstrip ribbon and a strip of white paper
- Hinge clip, 3 washers, 2 hitch fasteners
- Hole punch, large glue dots, paint marker
- Trim and fold cardstock to desired size.
- Use circular stamp with watermark resist ink pad to stamp a pattern on the front.
- After pattern is completely dry, stamp one last circle, and sprinkle UTEE over it while wet.
- Shake off excess UTEE and apply the heat gun to image until UTEE is melted (it will be glossy and pock-marked); set aside.
- Drip alcohol ink around the edges of bottle cap to tint (I used Sunshine Yellow); allow to dry.
- Adhere circle die-cut image inside bottle cap and seal inside edge to the cap with a line of Glossy Accents.
- Apply Crackle Accents over the top of image; set aside to dry.
- Trim grungeboard to desired size and shape, spritz with spray wash paint; allow to dry.
- Stamp square image in the center of grungeboard, then apply Distress Crackle paint to the edges; set aside to dry.
- Drip and dab various colors of alcohol inks on top of a length of filmstrip ribbon; allow to dry.
- Tint the washers with a drop or two of desired alcohol ink colors; allow to dry.
- Trim a strip of white paper to fit behind filmstrip and punch small hole at each end of both.
- Attach the white paper to filmstrip by screwing in a hitch fastener through the holes at each end.
- Use glue dots to adhere the washers to the center of the UTEE-embossed image.
- Glue the bottle cap to the grungeboard, attach a hinge clip, and adhere to card with glue dots.
- Use glue dots to adhere the filmstrip to the card.
- Use the paint marker to rim the edge of the card with a bright color.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Mixed Media"
There are no records