Ornamental Lamp Shade
Liven up an old lamp shade with this Ornamental Lamp Shade idea from Inkadinkado. It's an easy DIY project to help inspire you when it comes to redecorating your room. Make this DIY lampshade in any color you desire, and remember, they're good in pairs!
- Ornamental Tile
- Large stamping block 6x6"
- Craft paint: terra cotta
- Purchased lamp
- Even weave 100% cotton fabric
- Ribbon: 1" wide brown satin
- Spray adhesive
- Foam brush
- Paper plate
- Measure the circumference and height of your lampshade. Remove all wrinkles and fold lines from the fabric. Cut the fabric to measure 1" longer (circumference) and 2" wider (height) than the lampshade measurements.
- Lay the fabric on a covered work surface. Use a paper plate to hold the paint you will use, then apply paint to the stamp with the foam brush. Working from the center of the fabric, stamp the desired images. Let dry.
- Spray the back side of the fabric with spray adhesive and center the fabric on the existing lampshade. Smooth out any air pockets as you wrap the fabric around the shade. Fold the upper and lower edges to the inside of the shade. Neatly overlap the ends.
- Using spray adhesive on the reverse side, adhere the ribbon to the lower edge of the shade.