Silk and Leather Gemstone Necklace
Multicolored gemstones and leather cord come together to create this casual, funky necklace from Katie Hacker.
- 1-yard length of size #4 white silk bead cord
- 18" length of 1mm brown leather cord
- 54" length of 24-gauge silver ColourCraft wire
- Silver torpedo clasp
- Two silver suede cord ends
- Sixteen assorted gemstone chips
- Beadalon Big Eye beading needle
- Nipper Tool
- Beadstorm™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Thread cutter
- Thread the needle and use it to string a gemstone chip 2" from the end. Tie a double knot, then string another chip about 1" away. Repeat until all of the chips are strung.
- Hold one end of the silk and leather cords together and attach a suede cord end. Twist the cords together and attach a suede cord end to the other end.
- Cut eighteen 3" pieces of wire. Wrap each wire piece around the leather and silk cord in a tight coil between two gemstone chips. Wrap a wire coil near each end of the necklace and anywhere along the necklace that looks too loose. Attach a clasp to the necklace.