Knit Baby Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"I have been knitting for about 30 years. When I first began this hobby, I was all about knitting sweaters but I slowly began to realize that it broke my heart a bit when the sweaters I knit weren't being worn (by me or anyone else) when tastes changed or when they were grown out of or for any other reason. The time investment in knitting a sweater can be significant so you don't want that garment to be relegated to the closet. So I've transitioned to knitting blankets, washcloths and the like.they don't go out of style, you cant really outgrow them AND they are so much easier to knit than a sweater. ButI already have a stash of washcloths and have knit a couple of big blankets lately, so when my daughter told me that the young lady overseeing my daughters internship was pregnant Ooooh! I was all. That's such exciting news now I can knit a baby blanket! My daughter and I deliberated over a pattern for this knit baby blanket and ultimately decided on a Clover Eyelet for the body of the blanket. I was pushing for that since I knew I could add a clover border to the blanket as well and lets just admit that a cute border is the icing on the cake the cherry on top of your sundae you get the idea."
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- 7 Skeins of Berrocco Modern Cotton, I used the color Sandy Point
- Some other yarn options are: Cascade Anchor Bay, Blue Skies Fibers Worsted Cotton, Lana Grossa Wakame, Lamana Cosma.
- Size 6 Knitting Needles
- Size G 6 Crochet Hook
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This free crochet pattern is suitable and intermediate crocheters who know the basics. The total yardage for a large blanket (1 x 1.80… Continue reading: "Colourful Granny Rainbow Crochet Baby Blanket"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Flower Pot Make Over
- Custom Ties
- Easy Avocado Sail Boat
- Summer Sweet Watermelon
- Homemade Eye Firming Cream
- Tshirt Yarn Crochet Trivet Potholder
- Window Pane Crochet Stitch Pattern
- Variable Star Quilt Block
- Life Is Sweet Watermelon
- Easy Handmade Fabric Border
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home