Simple Slipper Project
These lace-up slippers from Authentic Knitting Board are a great project for beginners! They can be knit up quickly, and are oh so cozy for winter!
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
- (2) Skeins of Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick, and 2 yards of scrap yarn for shoelaces
- 28” Knitting Board
- Crochet Hook
- Large Eyed Needle
- Cast On (24) stitches, starting on pin #30. Place loop on top board and weave the 24 stitches. Lay the anchor yarn. (Use a strong yarn for your anchor yarn.) Weave again and hook over. Stitches are cast on.
- Knit 2 rows.
- Increase Row-Increase (1) stitch, both boards at both ends of board. Weave and hook over. Now you have (26) stitches on the pins.
- For size 6-8.5 size shoe, knit (27) additional rows. Bind Off.
- For size 9-11 size shoe, knit for (29) additional rows. Bind Off.
- Now you are ready to sew your piece together. Take the anchor yarn and pull the yarn very snuggly and knot a couple times. (photo A.) This will be the toe of the slipper. Then, with needle and matching yarn, sew up slipper about half way to allow opening for foot. Sew back edges for heel. (photo B.)
- (OPTIONAL) Shoelace: Crochet a chain with ½ of your scrap yarn. Lace thru the slipper. Now you are ready to complete your second slipper.
Looking for other slipper patterns? Check out our 14 Crochet and Knit Slipper Patterns collection.
Read NextGrandma's Knitted Slippers
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
May 25, 2012
Im not much of a knitter yet but i can do some things. My next task is learning how to knitt with 3 or more needles. Do you have any videos or something for that?
earthjourneys 4797 207
Jan 18, 2011
I also love the patterns, but do not have a knitting board. Is there a way to convert the knitting board patterns to knitting needles?
bethstimson52 5477 424
Jan 18, 2011
Is it possible for you to put on a picture of a knitting board? I think I have one but just call it something different. Thanks Beth
Jan 18, 2011
Thank for posting a project with a kniiting board! I would love to see more patterns that can be done on a knitting board or knifty knitter. Although I crochet I have yet to master knitting with needles:)
Sep 18, 2010
to knit on regular needles follow the pattern as it is using size 8 knitting needles and knit until the slipper is the desired length. Cast off. finish using directions above. I have made these using knitting needles using smaller needles for smaller size and no larger than size 8 for larger slippers.
Aug 02, 2010
Does anyone have instructions for this pattern with regular knitting needles? Perhaps, an easy pattern for beginner knitters? It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Jun 25, 2010
I would also like to make these slippers on regular knitting needles. Please post instructions. Thank You
Feb 28, 2010
i agree with knittinnelly. I do not have a knitting board, and don't intend to get one, but would like to knit some of these items on regular knitting needles. Is there a way you can print instructions for regular knitting? Thanks
Jan 24, 2010
How about instructions for regular knitting with knitting needles? I do not like to use something like knitting boards. It is not the same as using knitting needles. I like the slippers, but would prefer to use knitting needles. Thanks.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use