The Milan Scarf Knitting Pattern
This stunning scarf is a classy addition to your cold-weather attire!
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make a delicious new accessory for your winter wardrobe. The Milan scarf knitting pattern looks like simple garter stitch at first glance, but there's more to the story. Create beautiful eyelet detailing as the pattern goes on. This is a lovely pattern for beginners because much of it is completed in garter stitch, but the lacy detailing at the ends makes this a beautiful scarf that experienced knitters will enjoy completing. And look at that delicious texture! Made with soft, chunky yarn, this is the perfect project to work up for everyday use come winter.
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Gauge4 in. = 13-15 sts
Finished SizeApprox. 84’’ Long. 8” Widel.
- 3 Skeins Malabrigo Mecha Yarn
- US 10.75 (7 mm) Knitting Needles
- Tapestry Needle and Scissors
- A stitch marker may be helpful to keep track of stitch count.
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN the Exquisite Wooden Yarn Bowl to use while making this project! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in the 12 Days of Christmas!
From Darn Good Yarn: "Say hello to your new winter best friend, the Milan Scarf! You don't have to compromise on your outfit to keep warm with this soft and luscious chunky scarf made from DGY Malabrigo Mecha Yarn. Designed by the talented Kimberly Mackay aka @CoziKnots"
KNIT SECTION 1
Note: Stitch Counts per row are listed in brackets <>.
Begin: Using the Long Tail CO method , cast on 29 sts.
Row 1 (RS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Rows 2-6: Repeat Row 1. <29 sts>
RIBBON EYELET SECTION 1
Row 7 (RS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Row 8 (WS): P all sts. <29 sts>
Row 9: K all sts. <29 sts>
Row 10: K all sts. <29 sts>
Row 11: *K2tog, yo* <29 sts>
Row 12: K all sts. <29 sts>
Repeat: Rows 7-12 for 11 more sets (72 rows total).
KNIT SECTION 2
Row 79 (RS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Rows 80 (WS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Rows 81-349: Repeat Row 79-80. Piece will measure approx. 67’’ long. Finish with a RS row. <29 sts>
RIBBON EYELET SECTION 2
(Inverse of Ribbon Eyelet Section 1)
Row 350 (WS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Row 351 (RS):*K2tog, yo* <29 sts>
Row 352: K all sts. <29 sts>
Row 353: K all sts. <29 sts>
Row 354: P all sts. <29 sts>
Row 355: K all sts. <29 sts>
Repeat: Rows 350-355 for 11 more sets (72 rows total).
KNIT SECTION 3
Row 422 (WS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Rows 423-427 (WS): K all sts. <29 sts>
Finishing: Bind off and weave in ends.
- Knit 2 Sts Together
- Right Side
- Wrong Side
- Yarn Over
- Repeat Pattern in Asterisk
If you love this pattern, find more scarves to make in our collection of 68 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of December 24th, 2018.
- Email Address provided in your account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until December 23rd, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
Describe the first scarf you ever knit!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
If you need more storage space but don't have extra room or money to do it, try repurposing an old piece of furniture from your… Continue reading: "Elegant Refurbished Entryway Cabinet"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Aldi Reusable Shopping Bag
- Printable Sports Word Scramble
- C2c Heart Hat
- Easy Wrap Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- Striped Hourglass Area Rug
- Winding Cables Hat
- Seeing Stripes Shawl
- Hashtag Slouchy
- Dragon Wing Cowl
- A Quick Guide To Snap Fasteners For Clothing Or Bags
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home