Quick and Easy Knit in the Round Hat
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This quick and easy knit in the round hat from Red Heart Yarn is as easy to make as it is to wear. If you're looking for kitting patterns for bulky yarn, this is the project for you...plus you can probably make it in one sitting.
Find more festive holiday patterns in Red Heart's special eBook, Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects.
- RED HEART “Light & Lofty”: 1 Skein each 9965 Zebra Stripe A and 9316 Puff B
- Circular knitting needles: 12.75mm [US 17], 16” long
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 7 sts = 4”; 12 rows = 4” in St st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- With A, cast on 36 sts. Join to work in rounds, taking care not to twist sts. Place marker for beginning of round.
- Round 1-2: [K1, p1] around.
- Rounds 3-5: [P2, k2] 9 times.
- Round 6: [K6, M1] 6 times – 42 sts.
- Knit every round until piece measures 5½” from beginning.
- Change to B and work until piece measures 8” from beginning.
- Decrease Round 1: [K8, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 38 sts.
- Decrease Round 2: [K7, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 34 sts.
- Decrease Round 3: [K6, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 30 sts.
- Decrease Round 4: [K5, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 26 sts.
- Last Round: [K2tog] 13 times – 13 sts.
- Cut yarn, leaving a long tail. Thread tail through remaining sts and pull to close. Knot to secure.
- Weave in ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Criss Cross Crochet Blanket
- Beautiful Homemade Porcelain Ornaments
- Hashtag Mittens
- Crochet Caterpillar Applique
- Crochet Valentine’s Day Garland
- Diy Heart Garland For Romantic Home Decor
- Triple Braided Headband
- My Cuddle Bunny Crochet Lovey
- How To Square A Granny Circle
- Explore Gouache Paint With A Chart!
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home