Show off your love of FaveCrafts.com with this knit hat!
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The colors only those in-the-know will know the lime green, teal, and hot pink of FaveCrafts.com! Now that FaveCrafts is ten years old, it's made quite a name for itself as the go-to for free crafting projects. Celebrate your love of FaveCrafts.com at your next crafting or yarn convention by knitting up a FaveHat. This easy knit hat pattern can be accomplished by anyone with the skills necessary to knit in the round. The simple colorblocked pattern is great for those who have never knit colorwork before and would love to give it a shot. Love FaveCrafts but not a fan of the colors? Pick any colors you want!
PLUS! Enter to win the Knitter's Pride Knit and Sip Gift Set Giveaway as part of our 10 Days of Thanks Giveaway as well as our 10 Days Grand Prize!
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
GaugeGauge is not critical for this project.
Finished Size8 1/2" tall, 5 1/4" diameter, unstretched. Fits both average adult man and woman's head.
- Bernat Super Value yarn in 1 skein each Soft Fern (A), Aqua (B), and Peony Pink (C)
- 1 set 16" size 7 circular knitting needles
- 1 set of 4 size 7 double-pointed needles
- Darling needle
Using circular needles, CO 96 sts with color A.
Round 1: *k2, p2; rep from * around.
Repeat round 1 until ribbing measures 1 1/2".
Round 1: Using color A, k around.
Switch to color B. Do not cut color A.
Rounds 2-9: Using color B, k around.
Switch to color C. Do not cut colors A or B.
Rounds 10-13: Using color C, k around.
Cut color C. Do not cut color A. Switch to color B.
Rounds 14-21: Using color B, k around.
Cut color B.
Next round: Using color A, k around.
Rep last round until hat measures about 7" from cast on edge.
Round 1: *k10, k2tog; rep from * around. 88 sts rem.
Round 2: k around
Round 3: *k9, k2tog; rep from * around. 80 sts rem.
Round 4: k around
Round 5: *k8, k2tog; rep from * around. 72 sts rem.
Round 6: k around
Round 7: *k7, k2tog; rep from * around. 64 sts rem.
Round 8: k around
This is a good place to switch from circular to double-pointed needles.
Round 9: *k6, k2tog; rep from * around. 56 sts rem.
Round 10: k around
Round 11: *k5, k2tog; rep from * around. 48 sts rem.
Round 12: k around.
Round 13: *k4, k2tog; rep from * around. 40 sts rem.
Round 14: *k3, k2og; rep from * around. 32 sts rem.
Round 15: *k2, k2tog; rep from * around. 24 sts rem.
Round 16: *k1, k2tog; rep from * around. 16 sts rem.
Round 17: *k2tog; rep from * around. 8 sts rem.
Cut color A and pull through rem live sts. Cinch closed.
Make a 2-color pom-pom by first winding color B around your fingers until it is about half as thick as you would like your pom pom to be. Then, switch to color C and wind over the mass of color C you have created. Tie the ends of both colors of yarn together tight around the wound yarn, and cut the pom pom.
Attach to the hat so that color C rests on the bottom and top.
For a neater pom pom, use a pom pom maker.
Weave in ends.
- knit next 2 stitches together
- cast on
- A, B, C
- Colors A, B, and C (respectively)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Oasis Gloves
- Thieves Oil Foaming Hand Soap Recipe
- Zipper Tabs Tutorial
- Make An Inspirational Quote Plaque Using Clay
- How To Make A Paper Pencil Box Easy?
- Diy Dice Bag
- Reliable Corporation
- Hoffman Fabrics
- Knitter's Pride
- How To Crochet A Little Witchy Tea Light
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home