Easy Cranberry Shawl Knitting Pattern
This project works wonderfully as a prayer shawl as well.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "This project is perfect for a novice shawl knitter because it is predominantly garter stitch and will not require much blocking to keep the fabric flat and even. The mirrored, plaited cables on the spine keep the shawl interesting and add a unique touch to the simple, ridged fabric.
Skills Used: Basic knitting skills: cast on, knit, purl, bind off
Knitting in rows: Increasing (kfb and yo)
Cables (C4B and C4F, with written instructions in the pattern)"
Even if cranberry is not your favorite flavor during the fall and winter months, you have to admit it is a stunning color to use when creating knitting patterns. The deep, dark red of the Easy Cranberry Shawl will look absolutely stunning again cool winter hues while keeping you extra warm this winter. This free crochet shawl pattern is an easy knitting pattern that uses worsted weight yarn, ensuring that it is thick enough to fight off the cold. This wonderful shawl pattern would make a lovely DIY gift for a friend or an easy way to add warmth to your wardrobe.
Knitting Needle Size10.5 or 6.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge12 stitches, 25 rows, 4 inches. Garter stitch
- Red Barn Yarn Worsted (85% wool/15% mohair, 4 oz/113 g, 190 yd/174 m) 3 skeins in Precious Rubies, or approximately 570 yd (521 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size 10.5/6.5 mm 36 (91 cm) knitting needles, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Cable needle.
- 2 stitch markers.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make sure your precious pots and pans are protected while stashed away by making these free felt sewing patterns. The Fab Felt Pot… Continue reading: "Fab Felt Pot Protectorsvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hometown Chunky Cardigan
- Pop-up Shawl
- Fluffy Winter Hat
- Outside In Purse
- How To Paint Watercolor Poinsettia
- La Vie En Rose
- Country Plaid Ornament Featuring A Glitzy Snowflake
- Awesome Andrea Scarf
- Funny Elf On The Shelf Ideas
- How To Diy A Drawstring Pull - Cover Drawstring Ends The Cute Way!
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home