We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Two sweet pom-poms top off this fun knit hat for baby. This free baby knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns can be adjusted from 6 months to 24 months. You only need one ball of yarn for this hat, making it a wonderful gift or quick project.
Find this beautiful pattern and more knit hats in 27 Free Hat Knitting Patterns.
- Yarn: 1 ball for each size Bernat® Baby Jacquards (100 g / 3.5 oz) #06131 (I’m a Big Boy)
- Knitting Needles: Sizes 3.75 (U.S. 5) and 4 mm (U.S. 6) or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 23 sts and 30 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] with larger needles in stocking st.
Size: To fit child sizes 6 (12-18-24) mos.
- With smaller needles, cast on 86 (90-98-102) sts.
- Knit 5 rows (garter st), noting 1st row is WS and inc 3 sts evenly across last row. 89 (93-101-105) sts.
- Change to larger needles and proceed in stocking st until work from beg measures 3 1/2 (4-4 1/4-4 1/2) ins [9 (10-11-11.5) cm], ending with a purl row.
- 1st row: (RS). K1. *M1. K21 (22-24-25). M1. K1 (place marker on last st). Rep from * to end of row.
- 2nd row: Purl.
- 3rd row: K1. *M1. Knit to marked st. M1. K1. Rep from * to end of row.
- Rep last 2 rows 6 times more. 153 (157-165-169) sts.
- Next row: Purl.
- Cast off. Sew back seam. Sew top as shown on diagram.
Pom-pom (make 4).
- Wind yarn around 3 fingers approx 60 times.
- Remove from fingers and tie tightly in center.
- Cut through each side of loops.
- Trim to a smooth round shape.
- Attach to each pointy end of Hat.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Sew A Pot Scrubber Out Of Mesh Produce Bags
- Tc Sun Hat
- Small Hooded Poncho Pattern
- Non-slip Sewing Machine Foot Pedal Pad
- Family Coloring Page
- Tiffany Flapper Capper
- Salty The Seal
- Bath Mitt With Soap Pocket
- Home With Yarn Punch Needle
- Nutrition Game
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home