We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This cuddly knit bear hat from Bernat Yarns is too cute for words! It fits baby's size 3-18 months and is a great project for all levels of knitters.
Find this beautiful pattern and more knit hats in 27 Free Hat Knitting Patterns.
- Bernat® Cottontots (Solids: 100 g/3.5 oz)
- MC: #90012 (Country Taupe) 1 (2) ball(s)
- A: #90007 (Sweet Cream) 1 (2) ball(s)
- or Bernat® Cottontots (Ombres: 85 g/3 oz)
- MC: 2 balls, A: 2 balls
- Double-pointed knitting needles: set of four size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 3 buttons (2 for eyes and 1 for nose).
- To fit baby sizes 3/6 (12/18) mos
- 20 sts and 26 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
The instructions are written for smaller size. If changes are necessary for larger size the instructions will be written thus ( ).
- Beg at top of crown, with A, cast on 8 sts, leaving a 6 ins [15 cm] end. Divide sts evenly on 3 needles (2, 3, 3 sts). Join in rnd placing a marker on first st.
- 1st rnd: Knit, inc 1 st in each st around. 16 sts.
- 2nd and alt rnds: Knit.
- 3rd rnd: *K1. Inc 1 st in next st. Rep from * around. 24 sts.
- 5th rnd: *K2. Inc 1 st in next st. Rep from * around. 32 sts.
- 7th rnd: *K3. Inc 1 st in next st. Rep from * around. 40 sts.
- Cont in this manner, inc 8 sts evenly around following alt rnds until there are 72 (80) sts. Place marker on last rnd. Knit even in rnds until work from beg measures 9 (10) ins [23 (25.5) cm].
- Change to MC and knit in rnds until work from color change (fold line) measures same length as Lining to marker.
- 1st rnd: *K7 (8). K2tog. Rep from * around. 64 (72) sts.
- 2nd and alt rnds: Knit.
- 3rd rnd: *K6 (7). K2tog. Rep from * around. 56 (64) sts.
- 5th rnd: *K5 (6). K2tog. Rep from * around. 48 (56) sts.
- Cont in this manner, dec 8 sts evenly around following alt rnds until there are 16 sts. Break yarn leaving a long end.
- Draw end tightly through rem sts and fasten securely.
- Weave end at crown of lining tightly through cast on sts and fasten securely. Fold Lining into Outer Hat along fold line. Fold up cuff as shown.
EARS (make 2 each with MC and A).
- Cast on 13 sts. Work 6 rows stocking st.
- Dec 1 st each end of next 4 rows. Cast off rem 5 sts.
- With WS facing each other, sew Ear made with MC to Ear made with A. Sew Ears in position as shown in picture. Sew on buttons.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
If you're looking for a cute knitted accessory to stave off the chill in your office, retirement, church, etc., this shoulder shawl… Continue reading: "Soft Shoulder Shawl Knitting Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Masks Chain
- Toilet Paper Roll Crafts: How To Make Adorable Owl Napkin Rings
- Sandy Crossbody Tote
- The Joy Wrap
- Yarn That Doesn't Itch
- Diy reusable Swiffer Mop Pads (wet Or Dry)
- The Eyelet Lace Tee
- Salt Dough Pumpkin Handprint Keepsake
- No Sew Fabric Pumpkin
- Little Princess Romper
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home