We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This precious Rosebud Hoodie will keep your baby warm while making her look as sweet as can be. The delicate little roses look hard, but the project is rated easy, so your work will look impressive without all the effort.
- Caron International's Simply Soft (100% acrylic; 6 oz/170 g, 330 yds/304 m): #9702 Off White (MC), 1 (1, 2) skeins
- For embroidery, small amounts of each color are needed; colors listed are shown on model garment
Caron International's Simply Soft (100% acrylic; 3 oz/86 g, 165 yds/152 m): #9719 Soft Pink; #9705 Sage
- Size US 7 and 9 (4.5 and 5.5 mm) straight needles or size to obtain gauge
- Size US 7 (4.5 mm) 16-inch circular needle for finishing
- Split-ring stitch markers or waste yarn
- Stitch holders
- Tapestry needle (tn)
Baby's 6-9 (12, 18-24) months
Chest 20 (22, 24) inches
Length 10 (11, 12) inches
In Stockinette stitch, using larger needles, 16 sts and 20 rows = 4"/10 cm
Garter stitch (Garter st)
Stockinette stitch (St st)
Using smaller needles and MC, cast on 40 (44, 48) sts.
(RS) Begin Garter st; work even for 4 rows, ending with a WS row.
(RS) Change to larger needles and St st. Work even until piece measures 10 (11, 12) inches from beg, ending with a WS row.
Shape shoulders and neck: (RS): Bind off 11 (12, 13) sts at beg of next 2 rows for shoulders; place rem 18 (20, 22) sts on holder for neck.
Work as for Back until piece measures 7 (8, 9) inches from beg, ending with a WS row; place marker (pm) each side of center 6 sts.
Shape placket: (RS) Work across to marker; join a second ball of yarn and BO center sts, work to end—17 (19, 21) sts each side.
Working both sides at same time, work even until piece measures same as back to shoulders, ending with a WS row.
Shape shoulders: (RS) Left front: Bind off 11 (12, 13) sts, work to end; place rem 6 (7, 8) sts on holder for hood.
Right front: Work 6 (7, 8) sts, place on holder for hood; bind off rem 11 (12, 13) sts.
Sew shoulder seams. Measure down 4 1/2 (5, 5 1/2) inches from shoulder seam on each side, back and front; pm for underarm.
With RS facing, using larger needles, beg at right front placket edge, join yarn and knit 6 (7, 8) sts from holder; pick up and knit 3 sts (1 in shoulder seam, 1 each side of seam), knit 18 (20, 22) sts from back neck holder, pick up and knit 3 sts at shoulder seam as before, knit 6 (7, 8) sts from front holder—36 (40, 44) sts.
(WS) Purl across, inc 8 (10, 12) sts evenly across back—44 (50, 56) sts. Cont in St st, work even hood measures 6 (6 1/2, 7) inches from beg. Bind off all stitches; fold hood in half with RS's facing each other and sew top seam.
With RS facing, using circular needle and MC, beg at right front placket edge, pick up and knit 72 (76, 80) sts evenly along neck placket and hood. Do not join.
Working back and forth on circular needle, beg Garter st; work even for 4 rows, ending with a RS row.
Bind off all sts loosely on next (WS) row. Sew ends of trim to lower end of placket.
With RS facing, using smaller needles and MC, pick up and knit 36 (40, 44) sts from underarm marker, across shoulder, to opposite marker, picking up approx 4 sts for every 5 rows.
Change to larger needles and St st; work even for 1 row.
Cont in St st, work 4 rows even, ending with a WS row.
(RS) Dec 1 st each side this row, then every 8 (7, 7) rows 3 (4, 5) times—28 (30, 32) sts. Work even until sleeve measures 6 1/2 (7, 8 1/2)" from the beginning, end with a RS row.
(WS) Change to Garter st; work even for 4 rows, end RS row. Bind off all sts loosely on next (WS) row.
Sew sleeve and side seams. Using tn, weave in all ends.
Using colors shown (see photo and diagrams), or colors desired, work embroidery.
Work rosebuds as desired on front and sleeves, working 1 or 2 rosebuds on hood, if desired.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Everyday Tapered Beanie
- How To Sew A Cloak With Hood
- Harvest Pocket Shawl
- Koko Cocoon Cardigan
- Patchwork Sampler Bag
- Fall Inspired Chunky Blanket
- Crochet Candy Corn Amigurumi
- Polar Bear Sweater
- Fall Tissue Paper Suncatchers Craft
- Easy Coffee Filter Turkeys Thanksgiving Craft
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home