59 Free Baby Knitting Patterns
You'll find traditional and loom knitting patterns for babies in this collection.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Use these free baby knitting patterns to create an instant family heirloom. Knit a baby afghan, toy or clothing as a shower gift or to welcome the newest member of your family. Free baby knitting patterns such as these are a great way to learn and refine knitting techniques. Create these cute knitting patterns for yourself of share with as baby shower gifts.
The baby clothes knitting patterns include baby booties knitting patterns, free knitting patterns for baby sweaters, and and even a baby hat knitting pattern or two. The free baby blanket knitting patterns include easier patterns to work up quickly and those with more intricate designs and shapes. If you prefer to loom knit, we have knitting loom patterns for baby, too.
Table of Contents
Keep little ones warm, toasty and comfortable with these. While some knitting patterns may seem traditional or even old fashioned, these free baby knitting patterns really break the mold. Discover great patterns for new arrivals and be sure to make at least one for your next baby shower: 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
Free Knitting Patterns for Baby Sweaters
Free knitting patterns for baby clothes make great beginner projects, and these easy sweater knitting patterns for babies are easy to make and work up quickly. You can customize them to be appropriate for a little baby boy or girl.
Free Knitted Baby Bootie Patterns
Free baby knitting patterns, like these cute baby booties, are great if you want to make baby shower gifts.
- Simply Adorable Baby Booties and Matching Hat with PomPom
- Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
- Simply Adorable Sock Yarn Baby Booties
- Little Red Slippers
- Crossover Knit Baby Booties Pattern
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Flower On Top Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
- Moccasin Style Baby Booties Pattern
- Ribs All Around Baby Jacket and Bonnet
- Crocodile Stitch Knitted Baby Booties
- Roller Skate Booties
- Pom-Pom Booties from 'Vintage Knits'
- Darling Knitted Baby Uggs
Looking for free knit patterns for baby blankets and more? Check out Baby Love, a free downloadable eBook filled with patterns from Red Heart Yarns. It's filled with knit patterns for baby hats, free knitting patterns for babies, free crochet baby afghan patterns, and free baby knit patterns. "Baby Love" eBook from Red Heart Yarns
Baby Blanket Free Knitting Pattern
Looking for free baby blanket knitting patterns? Well, here's a great selection of afghans that are great for baby! Each one of these free baby blanket knitting patterns will make an impression and become an important keepsake for a little one.
New to knitting? Everyone has to start somewhere, and this collection is perfect for beginners. Discover how easy it is to get started. In this roundup, you'll find how patterns for slippers, ponchos and even baby clothes. Get the collection:
Free Knitting Patterns for Baby Toys
Free knit patterns for baby blankets are all well and good, but babies love toys, too! These free baby knitting patterns are all toys that baby can play with during his or her first years!
Free Knitted Baby Hat Patterns
Baby hats are such excellent patterns to knit because they work up quickly and they're great for beginners! Practice using double pointed needles with our helpful video, and then choose your favorite knit hat below to work on.
Loom Knitting Patterns for Babies
Expand your expertise and give these easy baby knitting patterns a try. You can create so many warm and cozy wearable for your favorite little girl or guy - all you need is a set of needles and some cozy yarn. Get inspired by these free baby knit patterns and see what you can accomplish. Find a baby hat knitting pattern that fits your style or try something completely different - the choice is yours.
What baby patterns would you love to try but haven't yet?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make your own chandelier for only a few bucks using this tutorial from Heather Mann! The Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier looks like… Continue reading: "Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier"
- Garter Stitch Jacket and Hat Knitting Pattern for Baby
- Ribs All Around Baby Jacket and Bonnet
- Baby Hoodie Knitting Pattern
- 59 Free Baby Knitting Patterns
- Baby Knit Kimono
- 25 Knitting Patterns for Baby Clothes
- Baby Layette Knitting Pattern
- Chunky Baby Hoodie
- Cable and Blocks Baby Sweater and Hat
- Soft and Cuddly Huggable Hoodie
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Super Simple Shiny Ornament
- Gnome Towel Topper
- DIY Stocking Garland
- DIY Christmas Tree Garland
- Snow Covered Winter Wreath
- Poudreuse Wrap
- Fireside Mittens
- Crochet Mince Pie Christmas Hanger
- Pretty In Gingham Stocking
- DIY Toilet Paper Roll Turkey
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home