Simply Adorable Sock Yarn Baby Booties
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Keep those little piggies warm with Simply Adorable Sock Yarn Baby Booties. This precious free knitted sock pattern for babies will help you make thoughtful gifts for new babies and parents.
- Featured Yarn: 7O yds of sock yarn (Shown in Trekking XXL)
- addi Turbo® needles in size 3mm (approx US 2) or size needed to obtain gauge, tapestry needle.
Skill Level: Intermediate
One Size: Infant. Finished length 3.75".
Seed Stitch Pattern:
Row 1(WS): * K1, P1; rep from * across
Rows 2 & 4: Knit the knits, and purl the purls
Row 3: * P1, K1; rep from * across
Gauge: 7sts and 8 rows = 1" in seed stitch pattern
To save time, please check your gauge and read all instructions thoroughly before beginning.
CO 56 sts. Work in seed stitch pattern for 2". BO 12 sts at beg of next 2 rows (32 sts). Continue working in pattern until bootie measures 3.75". End with pattern row 2 or 4.
Row 1 (WS): * P2tog; rep from * across
Rows 2 & 4: Purl across
Dec Row 3: * K2tog; rep from * across
Cut yarn, leaving 8" tail. Fold bootie in half with WS together; cast on edge is back of bootie heel. With tapestry needle, thread
yarn though rem sts and secure. Continue sewing up front top of bootie to point where sts were bound off. Sew back seam.
Make I-cord (see directions below) and sew to back seam under cuff. Fold down cuff 1" and sew cuff to bootie. Tie I-cord and
weave in all ends.
Directions for I-cord:
CO 3 sts. * K3, replace onto left-hand needle, and rep from * until I-cord measures 9.5" from beg for tying a knot or 15” from beg for tying a bow. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
approx = approximately
beg = beginning
BO = bind off
CO = cast on
k = knit
k2tog = knit 2 stitches together as one
p = purl
P2tog = purl 2 stitches together as one
rem = remaining
rep = repeat
RS = right side
st(s) = stitch(es)
WS = wrong side
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This free crochet pattern is suitable and intermediate crocheters who know the basics. The total yardage for a large blanket (1 x 1.80… Continue reading: "Colourful Granny Rainbow Crochet Baby Blanket"
- Simply Adorable Sock Yarn Baby Booties
- Simply Adorable Baby Booties and Matching Hat with PomPom
- Crossover Knit Baby Booties
- 7 Easy Baby Booties Knitting Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Darling Knitted Baby Uggs
- Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Crocodile Stitch Knitted Baby Booties
- Moccasin Style Baby Booties Pattern
- Little Red Slippers
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wood Slice Garden Markers
- Make Your Garden Oasis More Vibrant With Painted Rocks
- Essential Oil Recipe Box
- Hayfield Tank Top
- Diy Dog Leash
- Summer Diy Sunglasses Case
- Diy Sidewalk Chalk In Custom Colors
- Flower Pot Make Over
- Custom Ties
- Easy Avocado Sail Boat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home