Precious Lamb Baby Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You and your baby are sure to love this Precious Lamb Baby Blanket from Crafts n' things. This whimsical hooded baby blanket is perfect for baby boys and girls and makes a wonderful new baby gift! This is an easy project for sewists of all skill levels.
- Fabrics: ivory polar fleece, 3/4 yd.; white satin blanket binding, 2-1/4 yds.
- White men’s tube sock
- Light blue satin ribbon, 1”-wide, 1/2 yd.
- Embroidery floss: light blue; black.
- White quilting thread
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Sewing & embroidery needles
- Transfer paper
For head, cut across sock 4” from toe. Stuff head fairly firmly with fiberfill stuffing. Turn raw edge under 1/4”; whipstitch opening closed.
Cut 5” length from sock above first cut. Cut length in half vertically to make two arms. With fold along one side of each piece, turn raw edge under on long side and one short side and pin. Whipstitch turned edges together. Stuff arms fairly firm through opening on remaining short side. Turn raw edges under at ends of arms; whipstitch closed. Whipstitch arms to sides of head in front, about 1” up from bottom (long stitched edges of arms should face back).
For face, print and cut out pattern. Cut 2-3/4” polar fleece circle; transfer face. Using two strands of black floss, stem stitch muzzle, and embroider eye lines with several straight stitches. Use three strands of floss to blanket stitch around face to attach to head.
For ears, cut two 2-1/4” polar fleece circles. Cut circles in half. Place ear pieces together in pairs; use three strands of light blue floss to blanket stitch around edges to join. Fold ears slightly off center; use thread to whipstitch to top sides of head. Longer side of ears should face back.
Cut a 22”x24” polar fleece rectangle. Cut 22” length from satin binding; place over bottom edge of fleece rectangle and pin. Cut two 25” lengths from satin binding. Use three strands of light blue floss to embroider name on one length if desired. Quick Tip: Use computer and interesting font to print name on paper, then transfer to binding. Pin binding to rectangle sides, turning raw edges under 1/2” at ends. Use three strands of light blue floss to blanket stitch binding pieces to fleece through all layers.
Sew basting stitch across top of polar fleece rectangle (not across satin binding at top). Pull basting stitches to gather so fleece will fit around bottom of lamb’s head. Whipstitch top of fleece around head under arms with blanket opening at center front (sew on underside of blanket).
- Tie ribbon bow; trim ends. Sew bow center to center top of blanket.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Staggered Square Knit Blanket
- 19 Free Baby Blanket Knitting Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Lacy Violet Baby Blanket
- Baby Blue Blanket
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rainbow Bunting
- How To Sew A Face Mask
- Sunset Blanket
- Spring Wall Hanging
- Tips For Coloring Eggs With Toddlers
- Glitzy Easter Egg Will Spark A Smile
- How To Make A Kid's Apron From A Man's Shirt Sleeve
- Skylar Ribbed Singlet
- Plastic Bottle Planter
- Mermaid Slime
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home