Baby Blue Blanket
Here's a quick baby blanket pattern that's perfect for someone who's new to knitting. This Baby Blue Blanket from Red Heart Yarn will be loved by new mommies and new babies. The bulky yarn used to make it means it's also a fast project.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
- RED HEART® “Baby Clouds™”: 4 skeins 9925 Playtime Multi
- Knitting Needles: 10mm [US 15]
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 8 sts = 4”; 15 rows = 4” in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
TIP: The pattern row (Row 5) is alternately worked on right and wrong side rows to keep the blanket square: first the pattern row is worked on a right side row, then 4 rows later it is worked on a wrong side row. To keep track of the number of rows you have worked between pattern rows, count the number of ridges formed by the knit rows – there should be 2 ridges above the pattern row on both sides of the blanket; then you are ready for the pattern row.
- Cast on 73 sts.
- Marking first row as the right side, work in pattern as follows: Rows 1-4: Knit.
- Row 5: K3, * yo, K2tog; repeat from * to last 2 sts; K2.
- Repeat Rows 1-5 until approximately 36” from beginning, end by working pattern Row 5.
- Knit 4 more rows.
- Bind off.
For more adorable patterns, check out 15 Unique Baby Blankets to Crochet for Your Little One.
Read NextTri Color Squares Blanket