Knit Cord Coaster
When sipping your morning coffee or tea, make sure you have this fun Knit Cord Coaster to protect your table. This fun knit pattern winds around to create a lovely DIY coaster that will give your mug a bit of cushion and protect your table from ring marks too. Choose a fun yarn color that matches your favorite mug or your kitchen decor. Give your mug a cozy little friend with this simple knit coaster.
- Spool knitter with 4 prongs
- Sport weight yarn (app. 50 yds) - I used Noro's Silk Garden Sock Yarn
- Tapestry needle
- Knit 5 feet of i-cord following the spool knitter directions.Cut a long tail when binding off or start a new yarn. To get started with the spiral, begin by curling and stitching together one end.
- Continue spiraling and stitching.
- If you run of yarn to use for stitching, no problem. Simply tie on more, pull the knot tight and sew in the tails.
- Continue spiraling and stitching the cord until you have none left. Add a few extra stitches to secure the end of the i-cord to the body of the spiral. Sew in the tail.