Nautical Welcome Sign
Don't confine your hospitality to the front door - extend a gracious "welcome" in the family room, kitchen, or guest room. This idea easily adapts to any decorating scheme.
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Alphabet Soup Letters (FloraCraft®), 6" x 1": W, E (two), L, C, O, M
- Smooth Finish™ Paint for STYROFOAM: white
- Acrylic paints: colors to match decor (model used medium blue, ivory, black, white, dark red)
- Acrylic sealer
- Paintbrushes: medium flat; small round; liner
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Double-sided or hook-and-loop tape, or small nails
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply two coats Smooth Finish White to all foam letters; let dry. Apply clear topcoat; let dry.
- Using photo as a guide, paint letters to coordinate with decor; let dry. Add dots, stars, or other patterns as desired; let dry. Apply clear topcoat; let dry.
- Attach foam shapes to non-porous surface using double-sided or hook-and-loop tape; for other surfaces, press shapes onto small nails to hang.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.