My Voice Journal
Write down your favorite thoughts, dreams, and stories with the My Voice Journal from American Girl Crafts. American Girl craft ideas like this are great gifts for teenage girls and fun projects to do at a birthday party or sleepover. Girls will love decorating the cover of their new diary and writing their own stories about their favorite American Girl character!
- Super Paper Pad from American Girl Crafts
- Tiny Letters Bubble Stickers from American Girl Crafts
- Fancy Flowers Stacked Stickers from American Girl Crafts
- Brilliant Butterflies Shiny Stickers from American Girl Crafts
- Notebook (no spiral)
- Choose 2 different papers for the back cover. Turn over one of the papers so that the white side faces up.
- Set the front side of your notebook on the white paper. Trace around your notebook, and cut out the tracing. Repeat this step for the back of your notebook. If your notebook is 6 inches or smaller, both sides will fit on one piece of paper. If not, select another piece of paper for the back cover.
- Apply glue to the white side of one of the cut paper pieces. Carefully line up the paper to the front of your notebook, and press it down. Repeat on the back cover. Smooth out any bubbles by gently pressing across the paper.
- Measure and cut a 4-inch wide strip from your second patterned paper. Trim it to match the height of your notebook.
- Center and glue the strip of paper so that it covers the notebook’s spine. The strip should overlap onto the front and back covers.
- Cut a piece of ribbon to match the height of your notebook. Glue the ribbon on the front cover, over the seam where the 2 papers meet.
- Choose 3 flowers from the Fancy Flowers Stacked Stickers. Peel off the backing, and press onto the cover.
- Choose 2 butterflies from the Brilliant Butterflies Shiny Stickers. Peel off the backing, and press onto the cover.
- Choose the Tiny Letters Bubble Stickers that spell your name, and press them along the ribbon.