Rosh Hashanah Card
Wish friends and family a good new year with this simple card.
- Blank white card
- Bisous Cardstock in Renaissance Blue
- Blue print fabric
- Silver cardstock
- Plain blue cardstock
- Kreinik Iron-On thread: 1/8" Ribbon 6020 Silver and #16 Braid 6450 Royal Blue
- Craft iron or home iron
- Teflon Press Cloth
- Glue stick
- First turn your iron on to it's highest setting and let it heat thoroughly. Then cut out your pieces. Cut a piece of Renaissance Blue cardstock slightly smaller than your card. Cut a 1/2" wide strip of blue fabric and a 1" strip of silver cardstock. Trace your star shape on your blue cardstock and cut it out.
- Arrange your background and stripes on your card, then begin gluing them down. When finished gluing, use your iron to embellish the edges of your fabric strip with your Royal Blue braid: lay the thread at a starting point, cover with the Teflon press cloth, and press for several seconds until the thread adheres.
- Next, embellish your star. Outline your star with Silver iron-on ribbon. Add a second outline of Royal Blue braid. Trim the ends of your threads and glue your star in place.
- Finish your card by adding swirls of Royal Blue braid, or you can use the braid to write a message at the bottom.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.
Read NextFestival of Light Luminary
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.