Create a Hanukkah garland with little more than craft sticks and blue paint.
Wooden craft sticks/popsicle sticks
Blue paint (Spray paint being the quickest!)
String, Thread or Thin Ribbon
- Glue three craft sticks into a triangle with the ends overlapping.
- Glue another triangle together in the same way.
- Position the first triangle with the base of the triangle facing towards you and place the second triangle on top with the point facing towards you. This should create a six-sided star or Star of David.
- When you have it lined up as you like, use a pencil to mark where the two triangles overlap. You should make six dots.
- Remove the top triangle and put a dot of glue on each of the pencil marks.
- Press the top triangle back onto the bottom triangle to secure together.
- Now that you have a star, paint both sides blue. Spray paint is quickest but you can use acrylic also.
- Repeat this process to create a half-dozen or more stars.
- Now, you can hang the stars from the string in a variety of ways. The easiest way is to string the stars onto the ribbon or thread through any triangle underneath where two craft sticks meet. If you would like your stars to hang more flatly, you can drill two small holes in each star at each end of a craft stick and thread the ribbon through these holes.
Read NextFestival of Light Luminary