Gold Flower Jewelry
Try these free jewelry patterns to make your own gorgeous gold flower jewelry, perfect for a trendy summer ensemble. These instructions from Shannon Bielke show you how to make a matching bracelet, necklace, and earrings set.
- Fancy Pants chip board pieces
- Ecogreen Crafts paints: antique gold and copper
- DecoArt paints: black, green, blue
- Old jewelry chain and fixings
- Misc. beads and bling
- Choose or hand cut chipboard pieces for the necklace, bracelet, and earrings. Arrange as desired.
- Paint all pieces black, front and back.
- Coat each piece completely with a random mix of antique gold and copper paint, front and back.
- When newly dry, gently rub off just a bit of metallic paint from edges of a piece or two, here and there. Not all, just a little to suggest age.
- Using a smaller paintbrush, use the opposite end to pound indents in all pieces, creating a worked metal look.
- Dab the tiniest bits of green and blue paint randomly on most pieces; this will add a look of patina to the piece, completing the aged affect.
- Glue pieces together as desired to create pendant for the necklace, the bracelet, and the earrings.
- Finish the pieces with used or bought findings, chain, and other embellishments.