Vintage Inspired Eggshell Mosaic Bracelets
Looking for jewelry craft ideas? Make Vintage Inspired Eggshell Mosaic Bracelets from Tiffany Windsor. This project looks great and won't take all day.
- Resin jewelry shapes
- Egg shells (brown or white)
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue (in the gold bottle)
- Alcohol ink (color(s) of your choice)
- Beads (to coordinate with alcohol ink color)
- Thick clear glaze (for topcoat)
- Beading wire
- Jewelry clasp
- White craft pearls
- Crimp beads
- Bowl with water
- Sanding block
- Paper towels
- Remove eggshells from eggs. Place shells in lukewarm water and soak overnight.
- Remove white membrane from back of eggshells.
- Set cleaned eggshells on paper towel to dry completely.
- Break eggshells into small pieces.
- Apply glue to jewelry shape.
- Smooth glue with finger. Be sure to spread glue to all edges.
- Place eggshell onto glue.
- Press with finger. The eggshell will crack under finger and the glue will hold the cracked pieces in place. If desired, gently move pieces slightly to add space in between pieces.
- You will need to move fairly quickly to add each eggshell piece as the glue can dry quickly.
- Continue to cover entire surface with eggshells. Let glue dry overnight.
- When glue is dry, use thumbnail to break off shells which overhang on edge.
- Apply alcohol ink directly from bottle to top surface.
- For a darker appearance, apply a generous amount. Let dry. Apply ink to side and bottom surface. Let dry.
- For matching pearls, apply ink to surface of pearl.
- When ink has completely dried, place face down on sanding block and rub back and forth.
- Continue to sand top and edges until desired coloring is achieved. Check edges to see if any sharp edges remain. Sand to remove any remaining sharp edges. Wipe off excess dust with paper towel.
- Apply glaze over top surface. Let dry overnight.
- String pearls and jewelry pieces together to create bracelet.
To watch a video tutorial for this project, check out How to Make an Eggshell Mosaic Bracelet Video.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Jewelry Making"
Find step-by-step tutorials on how to bead and make jewelry. Search for products, tips, and ideas for jewelry making projects, polymer clay jewelry and beaded jewelry.