Tortoise Shell Teardrops
You will be groovy in this flowing necklace. With an assortment of colorful beads, your necklace will a great conversation starter.
- 6mm by 8mm Black Faceted Rondelle Beads--35 (a)
- 6mm Round Tortoise Shell Beads--28 (b)
- 6mm Round Black Faceted Beads--10 (c)
- 26mm by 8mm Tortoise shell Tear Drop Beads--7 (d)
- 2mm round Gold metal Beads--73 (e)
- Medium Gold Toggle Clasp--1
- Gold Clamshell Bead Tips--2
- #1 Crimp Beads--2
- Gold 5mm Split Rings--3
- Dandyline™ Black .011" Stringing Thread
- Size 10 Beading Needle
- Designer Scissors
- Beadstrom™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Split Ring Pliers
- Tri Tray
Note: The beads will be referred to by the abbreviations given in the materials list.
- Single thread your needle with 36" of Dandyline™. Tie a crimp bead within 4" of the end of the thread. Pass needle through one clamshell bead tip from the inside. Begin by picking up 1 (e), 1 (b), 1 (e) and 1 (a). Repeat this pattern ten more times until you have 11 (a) beads.
- Next pick up 2 (e), 1 (c), 1 (e), 1 (d), 1 (a) and one (e). Skip the last (e) and pass back through all the beads except the first (e). This is the first teardrop.
- To make the spacer pick up 1 (e), 1 (a) and 1 (e). Then for the second teardrop, pick up 1 (e), 1 (b), 1 (e), 1 (c), 1 (e), 1 (d), 1 (a), and 1 (e). Skip the last (e) and pass back through all the teardrop beads.
- Do another spacer. The third teardrop is 1 (e), 1 (c), 1 (e), 1 (b), 1 (e), 1 (c), 1 (e), 1 (d), 1 (a) and 1 (e). Skip the last (e) and pass back through all the beads to the top.
- Do another spacer. The center teardrop is 1 (e), 1 (b), 1 (e), 1 (c), 1 (e), 1 (b), 1 (e), 1 (c), 1 (e), 1 (d), 1 (a) and 1 (e). Skip the last (e) and pass back through all the beads to the top.
- Skip Step#5 and repeat all the other steps in reverse order. Be sure thread is pulled up snug.
- Cut 24" of Dandyline™. Tie to crimp bead and pass through the clamshell and all the beads of the strand until you get to the first teardrop. There are three (e) beads above each teardrop. One bead is on either side of the spacer and the third is the top bead of the teardrop. Pass through the (e) bead in the first spacer you come to. Pick up a new (e) bead and pass through the (e) on the second spacer. You should now have 4 (e) beads. Pass to the next teardrop and repeat. When you have done this on top of all the teardrops pass back through all the beads on the other side and through the clamshell and tie to the crimp bead.
- Tie off threads against the crimp beads. Glue knots and trim ends of thread. Close clamshells around knots.
- Attach a split ring to loop part of toggle and then to clamshell tip.
- Hook two split rings together. Attach one to the bar part of the toggle and the other to the clamshell tip.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Jewelry Making"
Find step-by-step tutorials on how to bead and make jewelry. Search for products, tips, and ideas for jewelry making projects, polymer clay jewelry and beaded jewelry.