Eye of the Tiger Necklace
This dramatic necklace from Katie Hacker showcases the beauty of Beadalon 19 Strand satin gold color wire.
- 43 ½ in. length - Beadalon 19 Strand .018 in. satin gold
- 3 - 30mm Tiger's eye discs
- 16 - 4mm Tiger's eye round beads
- 24 - 6mm Tiger's eye round beads
- 6 - 8mm Tiger's eye round beads
- 89 - Size #2 1.5mm Crimp beads, gold plated
- 2 - Size #3 2.0mm long Crimp tubes, gold plated
- 1 - Small gold toggle clasp
- Designer flush cutter
- Designer crimper
Make the Pendant:
- Cut three 7 1/2 in. lengths of satin gold wire.
- Hold the 7 ½ in. wires together as one. String a crimp bead 1 in. from the end. Fold the wire ends back through the crimp bead to form a loop. Crimp it.
- Thread on a tiger's eye disc and another crimp bead. Crimp to hold the disc in place.
- Leave ½ in. of exposed satin gold wire and string another crimp bead, disc, and crimp bead. Repeat once more to use the third tiger's eye disc.
- String 6mm beads and crimp beads randomly onto the wire ends. Trim the wire ends at different lengths to add interest to the pendant.
Make the Necklace:
- Cut three 18 in. lengths of satin gold wire.
- Hold the wires together and string the pendant onto the center. String an 8mm bead on each side.
- String a crimp bead, a 6mm bead and another crimp bead onto each wire. Do not crimp the crimp beads; here, they act as spacers.
- Hold the wires together and string on a crimp bead, an 8mm bead and another crimp bead. Crimp these crimp beads to hold them in place.
- On each side of the necklace, string the remaining 4mm and 6mm beads and fix in place with crimp beads.
- About 1 ½ in. from the end of the necklace, string on a crimp bead and crimp it. String one 8mm bead and a crimp tube. Loop the wire ends through half of the clasp and place them back through the crimp tube. Crimp it. Trim extra wire.
Note: For a simpler look, omit the pendant.