Dutch Spiral Bracelet
Use seed beads to create this stunning spiral bracelet. The methods used to create this Dutch Spiral Bracelets are easy to understand - even beginners can create this crafty accessory!
- Approx. 70 - 4mm Purple A/B drucks
- Approx. 70 - 6/0 Purple matte seed beads
- Approx. 140 - 8/0 Gold plated seed beads
- Approx. 77 - 11/0 Lavender luster seed beads
- Fine DandyLine™ .006 in. bead weaving and stringing thread, black
- 1 - Size 10 Hard beading needle (JNEEH10/6)
- 2 - Double clamshell bead tips, gold plated (302A-006)
- 1 - Medium lobster clasp, gold plated (315A-006)
- 1 - 9mm Large clasp tag, gold plated (322A-009)
- 2 - 2mm Size #1 Crimp beads, gold plating (JFC1G-1.5G)
- 2 - 4mm Jump rings, gold plating (optional)
- Designer beading scissors
- BeadFix adhesive
- Thread on one 4mm bead, one 6/0 bead, one 8/0 bead, one 11/0 bead, and one 8/0 bead.
- Pass through the 4mm bead, making a ring. Pull snug.
- Pick up one 4mm bead, and pass through the first 6/0 bead.
- Pick up one 6/0 bead and pass through the first 8/0 bead.
- Pick up one 8/0 bead, two 11/0 beads and one 8/0 bead. Pass through the last 4mm bead.
- Repeat steps 3 - 5, but each time a row is added, add an additional 11/0 bead until you get up to nine (or the number desired to make it lacy looking).
- Weave the strand to one inch (2.54cm) shorter than the desired finished length.
- Decrease to end the strand by dropping off one 11/0 bead in each row until only one remains.
- Tie off the thread against the crimp bead by passing the thread through it several times, making half hitch knots each time. Spear knots with needle and tie off once more. Apply BeadFix to the knot. Trim excess thread. Close clamshell. Repeat for the other side.
- Attach jump rings to each part of the clasp.
- Bend the bars of the clamshell bead tip around the jump rings to attach the clasp to the bracelet.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Jewelry Making"
Find step-by-step tutorials on how to bead and make jewelry. Search for products, tips, and ideas for jewelry making projects, polymer clay jewelry and beaded jewelry.