How to Make a Sliding Square Knot
Bracelets made out of hemp or some other types of cording are very popular. In this video, you'll learn how to make a sliding square knot closure, which is a great way to finish off your free jewelry patterns in a tidy fashion.
- Hemp or some other type of cording
- Epoxy or E600 cement
- A clipboard
- Scissors and a ruler
- Cut an 18” length of cording.
- Clip your bracelet or necklace to your clipboard. Have one end of your jewelry pointing up and the other pointing down.
- Center your 18” length of cording underneath the ends of your jewelry. Tie a square knot. Continue making square knots until you reach an 1”. Take your working strands and tie an overhand knot. Trim excess cording.
- Lay your work on a paper towel and using your toothpick, apply the Epoxy to the overhand knot. Make certain you cover the knot so it won't come undone, but be careful not to get Epoxy on your other strands preventing your closure from sliding. Let the Epoxy dry completely before wearing.
- Learn how to make the bracelet pictured in this video when you follow the Nialaya Bracelet Tutorial.
Read NextHow to Fix Frayed Ends