Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
Mixed Media Flower Cards
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "I love to create handmade flowers and I needed a surface to showcase my blooms on. What better way than a trio of handmade cards to share with loved ones. I used a variety of Sizzix dies for my flowers and background pieces, coloring them with a variety of inks, paints, and mediums. Lots of stencil and stamping created the base of each card front. These cards probably would not do well in the regular mail. I plan on hand delivering mine."
Handmade cards just say so much more than store-bought sentiments. Learning how to make paper crafts and how to make cards allows you to transform simple card-giving into a meaningful moment. Use DIY cards like these Mixed Media Flowers Cards to cheer up your friends and family. This card is made out of faux flowers, paper products, and more. Perfect for spring, this card could easily be transformed into an Easter greeting or a new baby card. If you’re lacking an occasion, you can always make these cuties “just because”, as well.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
- Sizzix dies: Paper Sculpting Daisy, Flourish, Butterfly Flower Vine, Cookie Box die by Eileen Hull
- Therm-o-web Deco Foil: Hot Melt Adhesive, Deco Foil in Pewter
- Therm-o-web: SuperTAPE, Easy-Tear TAPE, 3D Foam Squares, Sticky Dots,
- Bo Bunny Cardstock Genevieve
- Sizzix Matboard
- Bazzill Cardstock: French Vanilla, Coral, and Raven
- Petaloo Flowers
- Wendy Vecchi: stamps and stencils
- DecoArt: Media Line Fluid Acrylics, Crackle Glaze, Texture Sand Paste,Modeling Paste, Metallic Lustre in Radiant Red and Silver Spark
- Blue Fern Studios chipboard
Cut base cardstock 8 x 10 and fold in half to create three cards 4" x 10". Ink all edges.
Stamp and stencil the fronts of each card. Add color using DecoArt Media Line Fluid Acrylics where desired.
Apply Modeling Paste through leaf stencil on third card front and allow to dry. Color paste with Gelato Pistachio. Use the same stencil and Hint of Pesto ink to add leaves to 2nd card front.
Apply Sand Texture Paste to leaves chipboard, allow to dry (card 3). Apply Silver Spark Metallic Lustre to swirl chipboard then coat with Crackle Glaze. Apply Radiant Red Metallic Lustre to hearts (card 2). Paint checkered chipboard piece black. (card 1) Apply Mat Medium to half circle (from Cookie Box die), allow to dry. Paint blue, when dry highlight with Black StazOn ink. (card 1)
Make Flowers following tutorial on my blog.
Apply Gold Gilding Flakes to flowers and set aside.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The DIY Red Christmas Button Wreath should be added to your Christmas decorating ideas this holiday season because it is a quick,… Continue reading: "DIY Red Christmas Button Wreath"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Prism Baby Lovey
- Giraffe Potholder
- Patriotic Bandana Wreath
- Patriotic Bandana Wreath
- Super Easy And Quick Crochet Doily Placemat
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Nautical Mug Rug
- Isla's Afghan Block - Radiating Moss Stitch Rectangle
- C2c Frog
- Bearded Monkey Amigurumi
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home