No Sew Spider Costume
Quick easy Halloween costumes are within your reach, even more so if you have eight arms! This Easy No Sew Spider Costume from Heather Mann can be fashioned with clothing you probably already have in your closet, held together with duct tape!
Make a spider costume using materials you already have on hand. This is a great costume for kids and adults alike! Make it for your little boy or girl this year, and don't forget the googly eyes. This spider costume DIY is a total classic!
- Black long-sleeved shirt
- Black stocking cap
- Black duct tape
- 2 pairs black socks (4 socks total)
- Black yarn
- 8 large wiggle eyes
- Plastic grocery bags (about 16)
- Glue dots
- Stuff black socks with plastic grocery bags. You'll need about four grocery bags per sock.
- Lay long sleeve shirt flat on work surface. Lay 2 stuffed socks along each of the side seams of shirt, evenly spaced apart.
- Attach socks to sides of shirt with duct tape. To anchor the sock to the shirt, use a 4" piece of tape running horizontally (side to side) across the edge of the sock, and then a second piece of duct tape vertically (up and down) over the edge of the sock. The second piece of tape should completely cover the edge of the sock.
- Turn shirt over and add tape to the other side of socks and shirt, repeating anchoring step above.
- Cut a 6' (72") piece of black yarn, and fold it in half, placing the folded section at the cuff of the sleeve. Lay the long tails of the string down across the two socks that are attached to the sides of the shirt.
- Duct tape yarn around cuff of shirt, with the long tails of the string coming off the bottom of the cuff. Tie a knot in the string at the bottom of the cuff. Be sure child's hand will fit comfortably through the cuff.
- About 4" from the knot, tie another knot. Place the middle sock between the two pieces of yarn, and tie the tail of the yarn securely around the sock. Knot at the bottom of the sock. Reinforce by attaching a small piece of duct tape over the string on the back side of the sock.
- Repeat step 7 for the bottom sock. Trim any excess string hanging off the knot on the bottom sock.
- Repeat steps 6-8 for other sleeve and socks.
- For hat, attach 8 large wiggle eyes to black stocking cap with glue dots.
Find this costume and more in 10 DIY Halloween Costumes for Your Little Monsters.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Halloween Crafts"
Hundreds of Halloween Crafts, Halloween Decorations and Halloween Craft Ideas featuring step-by-step halloween costume tutorials, halloween decorating tips and free halloween arts and crafts for kids.
There are no records