Halloween Cardboard Pendant Tutorial
If you have never tried a jewelry making idea using cardboard, then you are seriously missing out. It may be surprising, but this Halloween Cardboard Pendant Tutorial will show you how such a simple material can make a cool pendant. No one will ever know what it it made of. Learn how to make a pendant necklace with materials you already have around the house. This sweet accessory can be used to compliment any Halloween costume this year. Don't be too scared to add some cardboard flair to your spooky disguises.
Primary TechniqueJewelry Making
- Cardboard – a couple of petty pieces and several filler pieces
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Circle punch - 1-3/4″ – you could use any size or shape, but it’s good to start simple
- Small hole punch – 1/8″ – The Cropadile is the easiest to use through several layers
- Dimensional sealer – glossy
- Punch out cardboard circles – 2 beauties for the back and front, 3 or 4 filler pieces.
- Glue the filler pieces together, then carefully add the front and back pieces. Try to keep glue off the front and back. Allow to dry – you may want to clamp it while it dries to keep it flat.
- Punch small holes in the top and bottom of the stack.
- Add dimensional sealer to one side at a time, allowing each side to dry completely.