Ghostly Halloween Luminaries
Looking for an alternative to carving pumpkins this halloween? Try to make these Halloween luminaries from Krylon instead! Using paints and craft pens these ghostly luminaries can come to life.
- Krylon Frosted Glass Finish - White (#9040)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Bright White (#53517)
- Krylon Glowz® - Glow-in-the-Dark (#3150)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Hobby/Craft Paint Pens - Black (#SCP914)
- Round glass votives
- Set up a spray area by covering a table or other work surface with newspaper. It helps to place an extra smaller piece of newspaper under each individual votive that you can use to rotate the individual votive while you spray. This is particularly useful if you are unable to move around your work surface freely.
- Begin spraying several light coats of Frosted Glass Finish on the lip of each votive. This area is the opening of the votive that will be resting on the newspaper. It is not necessary to saturate the lip as the idea is to create a “disappearing” gradation of white to add to the ghostly illusion. Let dry completely.
- Spray several light coats of Bright White on the bottoms of the votives until coverage is solid while concentrating on blending the white seamlessly with the frosted glass. Let dry completely.
- Spray entire exterior of all the vases with Glowz so that when your votives are not lit, they will still glow-in-the-dark, welcoming dusk. Let dry completely.
- Finally, freehand facial features (eyes and mouths) with a Black Paint Pen to give each ghost a personality!
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Halloween Crafts"
Hundreds of Halloween Crafts, Halloween Decorations and Halloween Craft Ideas featuring step-by-step halloween costume tutorials, halloween decorating tips and free halloween arts and crafts for kids.