Frankenstein Monster Door Hanger
Save your Halloween tissue boxes, because this Frankenstein Monster Door Hanger puts them to excellent use. You don't have to feel bad about throwing away those cute tissue boxes anymore because this Halloween decorating idea will put your recycled masterpiece on display. You will learn how to take a commonly disposable household object and turn it into something new. Don't be afraid to find Halloween decorations ideas in the not-so-spookiest of places.
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
- Halloween tissue box
- Hole punch – 1/8″
- Cropadile or grommet setter
- Glitter glue
- 20 gauge wire
- Wire cutters
- Round nose pliers
- Cut out your focal panel and decorate with glitter glue if desired and allow to dry.
- Punch 2 holes toward the outer edges on the top and punch 5 holes on the bottom edge.
- Add grommets to the holes.
- Cut a 16″ piece of wire and fill half way with beads.
- Slide all the beads to the middle of the wire and put the wire tails through the top 2 holes from back to front.
- Use the round nose pliers to start a spiral on the wire tails and roll them up to the holes.
- Make or buy 5 charms. If you make them, slide 2 or 3 beads on a headpin and make a large loop.
- Slide the charms though the grommets on the bottom and wrap the wire tails around to secure.